Wednesday, February 16, 2011

PDCC68 with Julie Ranae

So once in a while life gets in the way (much needed sleep in this case) and you miss the deadline to your favorite online challenge. But fear not you can post the project anyways because that's what blogging is all about...sharing. The colour challenge this last week over at the Play Date Cafe was a mixture of soft colours and yummy shabby chicness. Take a gander at this beautiful inspirational photo.


I've always admired this genre of card style because it's one that I don't normally work with because frankly I find it too challenging lol. Late on Tuesday evening, after celebrating my Dad's birthday, I finally came up with an idea and went with it. I decided that the project needed some stitching (don't know why I do this to myself because I don't own a sewing machine). So I settled in on the couch and started to hand stitch my project. Well the stitching took longer than I thought and the next thing I knew it was 20 minutes prior to the deadline. I was too sleepy to continue, so I grudgingly went to bed with my project unfinished (gasp!). Today I finished the project and figured I'd share it anyways :)



I made a tea bag holder that hosts a short poem on the inside. I had made one similar last year for a Mother's Day post, but it had different elements and more colors. The front is embellished with flowers made from satin ribbon, organza ribbon, ruffled ribbon, lace, pearls and stick pins made with pearls.


This is what the back side looks like. Used a pearl as a fake fastener and then there is velcro underneath to keep it closed.


The inside holds a tea bag and a short little poem about tea time.


Tea Bag Holder (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
Patterned Paper:  Sending Love
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Fibers: Lace trim, Organza ribbon, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, ruffled ribbon from Beachfront
Stickers: pearls
Other: pink thread, stick pin, pearl beads, velcro, damask texture plate

Thanks for stopping by and happy belated Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, I know just how you feel! I hate it when you just can't get something done in time :) Your project is absolutely beautiful!! Hopefully you will be back on track for the next PDCC challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...