Friday, February 18, 2011

PDCC69 - Combined Grind Challenge with CASE Study

Well put your dancin' shoes on because it's a whole new twist over at the Play Date Cafe this week. Not only is there a colour combo but there's also a CASE study challenge to go along with it. I'll admit, I'm guilty of not ever playing a CASE study challenge, not sure why, but I haven't. Well I guess it was time to try something new :) Here is what the inspirational photo looks like:








From what I can gather, we're supposed to use the colour challenge as per normal, but the twist is to copy something from the card or draw inspiration from it. I've seen a lot of flowers so far and I thought I'd jump on the flower wagon too, but every time I looked at the flower on the card I thought of a tree...go figure lol. So, using the colour scheme and using the design layout from the card (sort of), and flipped on its side, here is what I came up with.


I used my new "Valentine Defined" set from Stampin' Up! (the tree) and then added elements from there. I almost stitched on this project, but I cheated and drew the stitch lines instead :) The brackets and "U" are chipboard pieces and the corners have stamped flourishes. I'm regretting the bottom right hand corner flourish because I can't help but see a sad face every time I look at it (the two hearts the eyes, swirl in the middle the nose and the swirl underneath the frown lol). It's hard to see in the picture, but the card base is textured with a Harlequin pattern (I always call it diamond or argyle) using the Big Shot machine.

Love U Card
Cardstock: (Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: (Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Prints Pack) Stampin' Up!
Chipboard: Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (tree, Valentine Defined) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Stickers: Making Memories
Rub-Ons: (hearts, Love Impressions) Stampin' Up!
Button: (heart) Fabricville
Ribbon: (black/white stripe, Jersey Pack) Stampin' Up!
Stick pin: (white heart) Matchbox goodies from Fiona Schultz
Die Cut: (Top Note) Stampin' Up!
Texture Plate: (Harlequin) Stampin' Up!
Other: (foam mounts) Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great crafty day!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Julie - glad to see you got in nice and early this week with your entry!! Beautiful card - loving your ribbon and that tree is awesome! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and fun take!!! LOVE the heart tree! It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real BEAUTY Julie!!! LOVE that heart tree stamp and all your special details!!! Thanks for joining us again at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tree is ADORABLE!!! So glad you got to finally play along with us on CASE study too this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! super cute and pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun approach! Love the brackets and the fresh funky feel :) Wonderful play with the colors!! Glad you had fun at our Combined Grind this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your pretty take on the challenge! Beautiful against the black card base!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Julie, the black background really makes the top note and all its gorgeousness stand out!
    thanks for taking the time to join us for our combined CASE study and PDCC #69 challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, Julie! LOVE your design, heart button, stitching, and that SWEET, heart tree! Yum-O! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and spunky card! I love your balance of the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I LOVE your card Julie, it's fab! Thanks for playing along us in our combined challenge with the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Love the design--the bold colors--you are SOOOO clever:) LOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a happy, fun card! Love that ribbon. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Julie, this is such a FUN and funky card! You inspired me! Thank you for joining us for our special challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Julie, followed you here from the PDC...and needed to tell you how much I love your card (& your style) before I left. Have a great day! ~patti :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is great, and congrats on your shout out for this one!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...