Monday, February 28, 2011

PDCC70 with Ruby 2 Shoes

It's been a challenging creative week this week, mainly because I've been sharing my art room with water. It's flooded 3 times this past week, so I've become accustomed to standing in water while I craft :) This week over at the Play Date Cafe is a really fun and vibrant colour combo and an awesome inspirational photo to match. Here is what it looks like:


I've been on a CAS kick all week, probably due to the fact that I can only handle the water for so long (lol). Here is what I came up with:



I started with a white base and stamped a couple of clouds in the center. The hot air balloon die cut image as well as the stamp image are from Papertrey Ink.. I colored the hot air balloon stamp with Only Orange, Gable Green and Tempting Turquoise. After I stamped the outline image over top, I went back and shaded in darker areas with my markers. Finishing touch was the sentiment with a splash of the same orange color

Fly Away Card
Cardstock: (Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Up, Up & Away) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Die: (Hot Air Balloon) Papertrey Ink
Other: (foam mounts) Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, Julie...I know it's been a tough week with the water you have had to endure and the vision of you standing in a puddle to get this done is priceless!
    We can't thank you enough for being so supportive of The Play Date Cafe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!!! I love all the white, it really makes those colors shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ug! 3 times?! In one week??!! I'll bet you really do want to fly away! I'm amazed you were able to get inky at all! Now THAT is dedication ;) Its a wonderful card! Love the CAS design and how it allows the colors to really pop. Awesome!! Glad you were able to play with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I would have stayed away from the craft room withe water in it! Full credit to you Julie for sticking it out and still creating! Cute CAS design this week :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Hope you've got some cute wellies to wear!!! Love your CAS card design, it's gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us in the play date cafe this week, even if you do have we feet ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this is a perfect CAS card! I really love it. I'm so sorry you had to stand in water to accomplish this. :( Hope that situation is resolved soon. So glad you found time to play at the Cafe this week, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooooove it, I just love all of your creations. I was on a CAS kick last week too. Sometimes it's just meant to be. Sorry to hear about your craft space. Boo! thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This couldn't be more scrumptious, Julie! Great take on this week's color story! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love everything about this card, its just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...