Monday, March 28, 2011

Cityscapes are on the Rise challenge

I had just bought the new Hero Arts silly scape stamp when they announced the Cityscapes are on the Rise challenge over at Moxie Fab World. I had started this card the day the challenge was put up and then I completely forgot about and clued in today that today was indeed the deadline! I went with a CAS design and merged a previous card design with the cityscape. Here is what I came up with:


On another card I had made, I used the large cloud with the raindrops falling as a center focal image with the sentiment "i miss you". I thought this idea would look cute over a gray city with the one little light on in the window indicating where the "missing you" sentiment was emanating from. Not so sure if I'm totally sold on leaving the background white, but it was the only way I could get my pop of color with the cloud.

City Miss You Card
Cardstock: (Whisper White, Basic Gray) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: ( Up, Up & Away, Chair-ished) Papertrey Ink; (Silly Scape) Hero Arts;
Ink: (Bayou Blue) Stampin' Up!; (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Color Medium: (C3, C5 & Y02) Copic Sketch Markers

Thanks for looking!
Julie

4 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! Love how the cloud is only raining over that one cheerfully lit window. Great detail and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy! Super cute! Love the one little light on in the city, and that cloud with the rain - outstanding! Reminds me of Seattle . . . LOL Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie! Thanks for entering the Cityscapes Are on the Rise challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little card! It's perfect to send to someone that you miss!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...