Monday, March 7, 2011

Color Inspiration Challenge #2 with Paper Crafts

So I had picked up the Color Inspiration for Cardmakers magazine by Paper Crafts just over a month ago and fell in LoVe with it! There are sooooo many fabulous color combos and ideas in this magazine, it's truly a must have for your magazine stash.

Over at Paper Crafts Connection they've had some color challenges using some of the color combos from the magazine. I missed the first one, but decided to give the 2nd one a try. The Bazzill color equivalents are; Petty Cash, Champagne, Lily White and Candlelight. Of course I have this little quirk when I see a brand name showcased, I HAVE to have the exact colors. I went on a color cardstock hunt last week to find these Bazzill colors. The first store I went to (there's really only 2 stores around here that carry Bazzill) I asked if they had Petty Cash because I couldn't find it. The sales clerk told me they didn't and asked where I heard of this color, so I told them I had seen it in this particular magazine. The response I got was, "you probably won't see that color in Canada for a couple of months where it's so new". I thought, okay. Next store I went to was Michaels, and whaddya know there were tons of that color in there lol. I've been on a Paper Smooches stamp kick, especially with the Pretty Phrases set :)


Forever Card
Cardstock: (Petty Cash, Champagne, Lily White) Bazzill Basics
Ribbon: (So Saffron Twill) Stampin' Up!
Button: (Spring Mix Vintage) Papertrey Ink
Stamp: (Pretty Phrases) Paper Smooches
Ink: (Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Stickers: (Pearls) Stampin' Up!
Die Cut: (Tattered Florals) Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations
Texture Plate: (Floral) Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. congrats! I saw your card in the paper crafts email today. So glad I came to your blog... it's inspiring! Was hoping to find out what flower you used though, it's cool...
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...