Thursday, March 10, 2011

PDCC72 with Sarah Anderson

Okay, I'm seriously excited about the Play Date Cafe challenge this week. Not just because it's another fantastic color combo, but I actually got to DESIGN with this group of uber talented ladies! I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my one year anniversary of playing the Play Date Cafe challenges :) Check out the fun color combo Sarah Anderson picked for this week:


Not only was I inspired by the color combo, but I also liked the black text in this artwork piece by Dina Wakley over the colors. This project just screamed for a different medium to be used, so I went paint shopping and here is what my idea turned into.


I started off by painting a bunch of different designs (one of which is stamped) and then punching out 1 inch squares from each of the designs. Once I assembled the squares in a grid of 3 x 3 squares, I put them close together and stamped black text over top of them. I reassembled the grid on a white card base and finished it off with a thank you sentiment.


Wilson Designs is the sponsor this week and they have some seriously cute stamp sets.
Please be sure to check out the prize and contest details at the Play Date Cafe. The deadline for this challenge is Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 at 11:59pm EST. Come on over and play with us! We'd love to see your project hanging in the gallery :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie

8 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! I love how you were inspired by the black writing--so so so clever! Makes these squares just POP! LOVE IT! Thanks for joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie ~ We are so happy to have you with us this week as our special guest! Your card is brilliant and just a wonderful interpretation of the colors!
    BTW...Congratulations! You are the 'Cup of the Week' for this week...you have a whole bunch o baker's twine comin' your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so great to have you guest designing with us this week Julie :) Love your arty card !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you to be designing with us, too, Julie! You are so, uber talented! Your card is just as gorgeous as the first time I saw it! LOVE that you got painty with it! And your grid design is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card - the fun, free painted colours & then mixing for the grid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the different designs, reminds me of a crazy quilt!!
    Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I like this a lot! It is different, and makes you stop and look at it for a while to see all the different textures you put on there. Thanks for being our Guest this week...so happy to have you! ANd congrats for winning LAST week - that was a really deserving win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to visit your blog! Your card is fab! I just love how you've done the different patterns. I really want to try to make my own papers, but have no idea where to start, got any tips?!! It's great having you on our team this week as guest designer!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...