Tuesday, March 22, 2011

PDCC73 with Julie Ranae

Warm, rich, spring colors! That's what the color combo is all about over at the Play Date Cafe this week. Take a peek at the gorgeous inspirational photo...kinda wishing I owned a dress in one of those colors :)


I have no clue what style I had in mind when I made this card, but it's growing on me even though it's a tad different than what I usually make lol. When I saw the inspirational photo I knew I wanted to use my new stamp set from Unity "Ooh La La", particularly the dress form. I hunted down my colors (which I could not find the exact hue, I need to stock up on some more Perfect Plum) and then challenged myself to use up some odds and ends kicking around my art room. I lucked in and found a fabric covered brad that matched one of the colors (there I go with my matchy matchy again lol) Here is what I came up with:


I've been grabbing my Go-to-Sketches magazine lately as a starting point and I used the sketch on page 38 for this card. I wanted to use patterned paper, but I couldn't do it! Another challenge for me to work on this year...USE my patterned paper! lol I keep buying the stuff and hoarding it :) I opted to stamp images on my cardstock instead to give some "pattern" to my cardstock.


After stamping and cutting out my dress form, I tied some ribbon around the waist and added a stick pin with a Swarovski pearl and crystal. The space to the left of the dress form stumped me for a while because it looked like it needed something there. I finally decided on a trio of embellishments including 2 buttons and that fabric covered brad. Perhaps I'll try the same card later on today and see if I can incorporate some patterned paper!

Ooh La La Card
Cardstock: (light violet, dark butter) Bazzill Basics; (Ruby Red, Very Vanilla) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Ooh La La) Unity Stamp Company
Ink: (So Saffron, Ruby Red) Stampin' Up!; (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Stickers: (Pearls) Martha Stewart Crafts
Ribbon: (Cream Lace Pack) KaiserCraft; (Ivory Organza) Stampin' Up!
Brad: (Stitched) Basic Grey
Buttons: Papertrey Ink; Dollarama
Other: stick pin, thread, Swarovski pearl & crystal

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love it, what a great take on the PDC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it Julie!!! Fabulous use of the PDCC colours!!! Thanks for joining us again at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might not be your normal style Julie, but I LOVE it! Really classy! Thank you for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, Julie! Great dressform focal point and I adore the lace strung behind it. The buttons also add such a nice touch! Thanks for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great dressform image! Neat card Julie :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julie, I like your blocks of paper and those buttons are so fun, especially that polka dot one. So glad you joined us again at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I do the SAME thing: have tons of patterned paper, hoard it, then use stamps to create my own patterned paper instead! LOL Well, your card turned out beautifully. I always expect to see such stunning work on your blog, and you never disappoint. THanks for playing with us at the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, Julie--your creations make me drool every time --EVERY TIME-- I come here! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card--love the buttons/brads at the bottom! SO clever! Beautifully done:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh La La! I couldn't help it! Such a pretty, girly take on our color story! LOVE your little collection of elements around the dress form, and that bit of lace is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you're card is so sweet and dreamy looking! Love the stamps!!! Added pearls, lace, and pin...so dreamy...LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...