Tuesday, March 29, 2011

PDCC74 with Ruby 2 Shoes

Looks like summer over at the Play Date Cafe this week *sigh*, if only the weather were as nice here as it looks in the inspirational photograph.


Wouldn't you love to be sitting in that chair! This week I kept my card CAS and it almost made it as a one layer card, but then I couldn't resist using some of my new baker's twine from the Twinery. I decided to use a Stampin' Up! set that I haven't inked up in awhile and this is what I came up with.


The only part that took a little bit of time with this card was lining the roofs up with the houses (there's evidence of a roof gone bad on the back lol) Once I had all my little houses stamped, I just stamped the sentiment over top and added some twine and a button. I originally wanted the sentiment to say "welcome to the neighborhood", but would you believe that I do not have this sentiment in my entire collection of 2,070 stamps?! (Yes I am a stamp addict lol).

Welcome Home Card
Cardstock: (Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Good Neighbors, Sweet Little Sentiments) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Lavender Lace, Ballet Blue) Stampin' Up!
Button: (Ballet Blue) Stampin' Up!
Fiber: (Lilac, Baker's Twine) Twinery

Thanks for stoppping by and having a peek!
Julie

9 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful and sweet!!! LOVE this CAS card Julie!!!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie this is fantastic, of course! You have mastered the CAS style, that's for sure. THanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That number of stamps sounds like so much fun Julie! - Love the card and the little houses :) Thanks for joining with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love meeting other stamp addicts!! I have to warn you, I am a huge enabler so I'm thinking you need to get that stamp and make it 2071! Super cute and fun card!! Always a pleasure to have you with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card--love the white space and the cityscape stamp! Must get that:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe you took the time to count 2,070 stamps! LOL! Great card! LOVE your use of white space, and that bit of twine is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline J. in MAMarch 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM

    Hi! Love this card! CAS cards are my favorite! Going to CASE this card and I'm wondering what the dimensions are?

    Thanks so much!

    Caroline :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline,
      It's a standard size card 4.25" x 5.5", thanks for the comment :)

      Delete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...