Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rainbows & Sunshine

Well, all the snow is gone, which has left the landscape very dull with all the brown grass and mud. I'm just waiting patiently for the first signs of green grass and maybe a crocus or two to appear. In the meantime, I'll just have to make some bright and cheery cards until Mother Nature and can follow suit :) Today's card is for the CARDS Create: Blog Challenge which was to use buttons on a project and it had to be more than 10 buttons. What a great opportunity to use up some of my button stash, and I couldn't think of a more cheerful card than a bright rainbow!


This card was super easy to make. I selected three colors to work with and chose buttons that were roughly all the same size. I played around with the arch of the rainbow on the card front first before actually sticking the buttons down, and when I was satisfied I adhered them with mini glue dots. For the clouds I used a Papertrey Ink die and popped them off the ends of the rainbow using foam mounts. The sentiment is also from Papertrey Ink and I colored part of the sentiment with the same colors I used in my rainbow before stamping. The finishing touch was drawing a border around the card front using a white gel pen.


Rainbows & Sunshine Card
Cardstock: (Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up!
Buttons: (Assorted Mix) Dollarama
Die: (Small Cloud) Papertrey Ink
Stamp: (Up, Up & Away Sentiments) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Basic Black, Real Red, Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise) Stampin' Up!
Other: White gel pen, foam mounts

Thanks for stopping by and I hope some rainbows and sunshine find you soon!
Julie

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant! What a wonderfully fun way to use buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rainbow! My blog is called rainbows by robyn and I have been looking for something new as a blog header. This would be great! Hope you don't mind if I CASE your fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! ACK! ACK!!!!! This card is TOO fabulous! I have such a hard time with simple one layer cards that I have such an appreciation for them. This is such a wowser creation! I'm dying to know how you perfectly drew that imperfect frame. Did you use a template or anything? I feel like if I tried to do that freehand, it would come out looking like a hot mess. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy card, Julie! Love the button rainbow. I see one of your cards won in a Paper Crafts contest (color) - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your card on the Create blog, it's so cheerful; I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! Love it!! You blew the 10 button challenge out of the part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this card is pure PERFECTION!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...