Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tuesday Trigger - Oh so Lovely

The Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World piqued my interest this week, with the vintage chair in that yummy greenish-blue and the bouquet of flowers in oranges and pinks. Here is what the oh so lovely photograph looks like.


I decided to step waaaaayyyy out of my style zone and try the elusive, shabby chic again. There were a number of things that inspired me from the photograph. The color scheme was the first thing that jumped out at me and then it was that fab vintage chair and finally the flowers. I love what I came up with...I just can't believe I made a flower so big that there is no way it will ever fit in an envelope (this distresses me lol) Here was my end result:


Here is a close up of that huge orange flower lol :)


The large orange flower I made, was done using a step-by-step tutorial that can be found in the February 2011 issue of CARDS (great tutorial). A piece of patterned paper with that greenish-blue color was my first jumping point, I believe the paper is from Basic Grey. I painted the edges of my card base and the patterned piece with Picket Fence distress paint, sanded it and then applied some antique linen distress ink. For the oval I covered it with the Picket Fence paint too and applied antique linen distress ink after it dried. The oval was hand stitched onto the card base and I used a rub-on for the sentiment. Organza ribbon, pearls, prima flowers and a button make up the rest of the elements and the finishing touch was some glitter on the large flower. Phew. Back to CAS for me tomorrow :)


Always Card
Cardstock: (Close to Cocoa) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey, Stampin' Up!
Paint: (Picket Fence) Tim Holtz Distress
Rub-on: Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Antique linen) Tim Holtz Distress
Flowers: Prima
Ribbon: (White organza) Stampin' Up!
Stickers: (Pearls) Martha Stewart Crafts
Glitter: (Dazzling Diamonds) Stampin' Up!
Button: Papertrey Ink
Other: foam mounts, thread

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie

18 comments:

  1. Though large, the flower is just beautiful. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me laugh because I would also be distressed about the envelope situation :) I love the teeny flowers too, especially the one tucked into the button. The painting, the hand-stitching...definitely an amazing shabby-chic creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is sweet. I like the tiny rosebuds and your background paper reminds me of a painted canvas. So nice. If you can't get it in an envelope. Place it in a clear box to deliver.
    It should be displayed. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie! What a gorgeous approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are gorgeous, and the pearls a perfect touch!! Great job with the Tuesday Trigger challenge!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love what you did with the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! That would look perfect on the top of a package - no envelope required! :) Love how you were inspired by the Tuesday Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my word, this is beautiful! Way to knock it out of the park and congrats on your TT win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win with the card, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my gracious! This is beautiful, Julie! LOVE all the distressing and stitching and those stunning, paper flowers! Scrumptious! And Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being a Tuesday Trigger pick. I don't care if that flower can be put in an envelope, it's a keeper. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great take on the Tuesday Trigger!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, gorgeous!! congrats on being a TT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being a Trigger Target. You beautifully captured the dimension on the flowers. The tipping with paint and glitter is stunning. You should keep doing shabby chic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You nailed it with that one. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, Julie! That flower is amazing. Congrats on being chosen as a TT! And a belated congrats on your PC Color Inspiration #2 win!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! You should step out of your CZ more often if it produces this loveliness. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card!!! I love your interpretation of the trigger! Beautiful colors!!! I LOVE the flower & HOPE HOPE HOPE I can find that issue of Cards (gotta save them all).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...