Sunday, March 6, 2011

W+9 Colour Cue Challenge #12

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying their day so far and maybe getting some crafty things accomplished:) I had a chance yesterday to do some blog surfing (something that I really love but never have enough time to do) and I discovered some awesome new blogs (well, new to me) through the fantastic ladies over at the Play Date Cafe. I found myself at the W+9 Designs blog and came across this beautiful colour combo challenge.

 I liked it so much that I decided to make a card in attempts to use up some of buttons. I have a few lot of buttons (okay, I am guilty of hoarding buttons). This is my stash...I think I'll be using buttons into the next century lol.


I was aiming for a CAS design and I wanted all my buttons to be uniform in size and shape, but use the different colors. I originally wanted some lilac buttons in the mix, but would you believe that I do not have 3 lilac buttons that are the same in my entire collection! lol So, the lilac color got switched to paper for matting purposes. Here is what I came up with:


Hello Card
Cardstock: (Crumb Cake, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!; (Phlox) Bazzill Basics
Buttons: (Tempting Turquoise, Crumb Cake, Whisper White; Subtles Collection) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (hello; Little Bitty Bird) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Tempting Turquoise) Stampin' Up!
Other: foam mounts, white thread

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. That's a lot of buttons! I confess to having several in my stash too. :) Love the sweet CAS card you made with some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! Love your little bags for your button too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?? NO lilac buttons in that whole hoard?? LOL It turned out so cute, Julie! Love the clean look to it. OH, and thanks for your comment over the weekend at my blog. I'm so excited to be in publication this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I have something for you here: http://colleen-dietrichdesigns.blogspot.com/
    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, stinkin' fun, Julie! LOVE those little, color trios and your perfectly simple design and sentiment. It all packs such a punch! Thank you so much for playing along with our Color Cue this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. simple, clean...love it!! I feel like it should say, "don't push my button!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am bad about collecting buttons...but never seem to use hardly any of them... SUPER cute card! Thank you so much for playing along with wPlus9's Color Cue this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my favorite, CAS! FANtastic job, absolutely love it.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...