Monday, April 25, 2011

CAS with Splitcoast Stampers

It's another week and projects have been piling up all across my counter top. I haven't been able to share too many of them because most of them are for magazine calls. However, for this week I was asked to be a Guest Designer for the Spring 2011 team over at Splitcoast Stampers. The challenge this week is "rule of threes", and I will admit this one had me a little stumped. I know there are a couple of different views on the rule of threes, one of which involves embellishments being evenly spaced in a triangular formation to move the eye around a scrapbook page. There's also another version which is grouping in threes, whether it be pictures or design elements, so I went with the grouping of threes.


A simple Easter card that used a small card base and some regular white tags from a stationary store, stamped with some easter eggs of course. I used baker's twine to top of each tag before adhering to the card base. I had originally wanted a sentiment that went across all three tags, but it would of covered up too much of the images so I left the sentiment to the last tag.


Another simple Easter card I made this weekend was this one:


I went with a "minimal" stamping card because this ended up being my card to give out this year, so I wanted to make it as simple as possible for easy duplication. The cross was made by running crumb cake cardstock through a distressed impression plate in the Big Shot and then brayering a dark ink over top to give it a wood grain look. The hill was just ripped and then stamped with a dotted background in the same color. The sentiment was printed from the computer and stuck on with foam mounts.


Happy Easter Card
Cardstock: (Blushing Bride) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Easter Eggs) Close to My Heart; (A good egg) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Perfect Plum, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Fiber: (Honeydew, Baker's Twine) The Twinery
Other: faux stitching tool, foam mounts

He is Risen Card
Cardstock: (Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Itty Bitty Backgrounds) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso) Stampin' Up!
Embossing: (Distressed texture plate) Stampin' Up!
Other: font, brayer, foam mounts
Thanks for stopping by and hope you had a beautiful Easter!
Julie










2 comments:

  1. Fantastic technique for your cross and I really like both CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very sweet cards, Julie! I especially love the egg one . . . might have to make time to play this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...