Saturday, April 2, 2011

Combined Challenges- ColourQ and Get Sketchy

Okay, so this is something very rare for me...combining challenges that is. I was all set to do the ColourQ challenge but wasn't up to designing my own layout so I used the Get Sketchy #81 one. So, the inspirational photo over at ColourQ looks like this:


Absolutely delicious! It took me a while to find some Early Espresso cardstock (I never seem to have enough of this colour) but I found enough to make my card. The sketch over at Get Sketchy this week looks like this:



I omitted that small circle because I just couldn't get it to work with my design (I'm going to pretend that my sentiment represents that mini circle lol)
Here is what I came up with:


I've been attempting to breathe life back into my old Stampin' Up! stamps, this particular one is from 2003! For the scalloped sides I used a Martha Stewart punch and inked the edges with Early Espresso ink. The main panel has the image stamped repeatedly in Early Espresso and the edges are inked as well. I ran the circle through the dots embossing folder for some texture, except only two rows of dots ended up showing! For the main image I stamped it using Early Espresso and then added Pink Pirouette and Certainly Celery to the flowers with my markers. One of the vases is popped up using foam dots.

Thinking of You Card
Cardstock: (Whisper White, Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Simply Sweet, Silhouette Sentiments) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette) Stampin' Up!
Embossing: (Dots) Stampin' Up!
Punch: (Scallop with two dots) Martha Stewart Crafts
Other: foam mounts, sponge

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Julie!Love your background stamping. Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. You are welcome anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! I love the design and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and the stamps you used are some of my favs.. Thanks for playing this week at Get Sketchy..

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...