Tuesday, April 19, 2011

GS #83 and Hero Arts April Challenge

Busted!! I combined two challenges again and did something very unusual for my card crafting style...I used PATTERNED paper! Whoo-hoo! (If you don't already know, I have a very hard time straying from just the cardstock). This week's sketch over at Get Sketchy looks like this:



I'm also entering my card in the masculine projects challenge over at the Hero Arts blog. Here is what I came up with:


Instead of stamping on this card I let the patterned paper be center stage and just added a simple sentiment with a button and of course some yummy baker's twine to top it off.

Happy Father's Day Card
Cardstock: (Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: (Fly a Kite & Thrift Shop Collections) October Afternoon, other paper unknown source
Button: (Custom Vintage Mix) Papertrey Ink
Fiber: (Cappuccino Baker's Twine) Twinery 
Stamp: (Father's Day Message) Hero Arts
Ink: (Early Espresso) Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie

3 comments:

  1. FABULOUS take on two challenges, Julie! Love the pattern paper you used and the sketch is perfect for this design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on this card, what a great Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS, Julie, I absolutely LOVE the patterned paper/colours!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...