Saturday, April 2, 2011

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - Farm Fresh

Well the Tuesday Triggers over at Moxie Fab World this past month have been really inspiring and when I saw this Farm Fresh one, I just had to play along.


When I first saw the photograph, a stamp image that I purchased recently immediately came to mind. The "Kitchen Silhouettes" by Hero Arts reminded me of crockery that you might see in a farm kitchen :) I ended up making two cards because I liked the stamp so much the first time around. For both cards I was inspired by the color scheme and the clothesline. If I had any mini wooden clothespins, I would have incorporated them too lol. Here is card number one.


Ironically, I needed a card for a grocery/kitchen wedding shower and figured this would do nicely. I kept the design clean because I wanted the focus to be on the stamped image. For the second card, I came across a package of canvas artist trading cards and decided to try out the stamp image on one.


I liked how the color became muted when stamped on the canvas. I kept the design of this card simple too and made the stamped canvas piece my focal point with the sentiment stamped right over the background image. Finishing touch was some twine and a button :)

 For You Card
Cardstock: (Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Dusty Durango) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Kitchen Silhouettes) Hero Arts; (Happy Moments) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Blue Bayou) Stampin' Up!; (Antique Linen) Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Punches: (Large Oval, Small Oval) Stampin' Up!
Other: twine, eyelets, foam mounts

Happy Hellos Card
Cardstock: (Whisper White, Dusty Durango) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Kitchen Silhouettes) Hero Arts; (Lots of Thoughts) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Blue Bayou) Stampin' Up!; (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Other Paper: (Canvas ATC) Inkssentials by Ranger
Button: (Holiday Vintage Mix) Papertrey Ink
Other: twine, foam mounts

Thanks for stopping by and have a great crafty weekend!
Julie

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is great.... Making me think of some patterned paper I have that just might work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOOOVE this take on the inspiration photo! You rock:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect cards for the kitchen wedding shower, Julie! Great take on the Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Julie! Perfect cards for that shower. Cute take on the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julie! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you gave it a whirl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this, Julie! You make me want to get this stamp! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...