Sunday, April 3, 2011

Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Challenge #3

I'm a CAS kinda gal and I love it when I find a way to make things even simpler. I love cardstock, I hoard cardstock, I have TOO much cardstock and the scrap pile is growing out of control. One of my new years resolutions was to whittle down this pile to something a little more manageable and tonight I just discovered another way to do just that. I had to really convince myself that I did not need to go out a buy the Bazzill cardstock equivalents for this challenge, that I could find a close enough match in my scrap pile.Here is what I came up with:


Those strips of cardstock are straight from my scrap pile and all I did to jazz them up a bit was run each strip through a different embossing folder using my Big Shot. Of course I was looking for a not-so-formal sentiment to go along with my geometric patterns, but alas there were none to be had in my stamp collection (bummer). So now that I finally got some colored ink for my printer, I made things even simpler and printed my own sentiment. You can find the card sketch I used for this card on page 109 of the Paper Crafts Go-to-Sketches magazine.

Hey There Card
Cardstock: (Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!; (Lily White) Bazzill Basics
Embossing Folders: (dots, geometric squares, geometric circles, swirls) Sizzix
Fonts: boys on mopeds, brock script
Other: (foam mounts) Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie

1 comment:

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...