Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PDCC75 with Julie Ranae

Time for another Play Date Cafe Challenge already! It seems like it was just Tuesday yesterday! This week over at the Play Date Cafe they've got a inspirational photo of one of my favorite board games...monopoly!

My card started off one way because I had the idea in my head, however when the idea translated to actual paper, well it just looked bleh! So I dug out my card sketches and used a sketch from the past Go-to-Sketches call from Paper Crafts and here is what I ended up with:





I think taking the photo of the card was actually harder then making it! All those scallop edges are turned upward and the flower is popped up, plus the sentiment, so my poor camera had a hard time keeping everything uniformly in focus, hence the reason why I have three different photos. I used a scallop punch from Martha Stewart Crafts and cut border strips of 1" in width and covered the entire card front. For the sentiment block I just cut a strip of Melon Mambo cardstock, cut the end like a banner, stamped the sentiment and then added silver dots around the edge with a gel pen. For the flower I used two different Stampin' Up! punches and punched the flowers using silver metal. I pierced a hole through the center of each one, put a brad through and then added a rhinestone sticker to the center. Here is a close up of the flower.



So Sweet of You Card
Cardstock: (Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay) Stampin' Up!
Stamp: (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Sticker: (Rhinestone) Bo Bunny
Punches: (5 petal flower, boho blossoms) Stampin' Up!; (scallop with 2 dots) Martha Stewart Crafts
Other: metal sheet, gel pen, foam mounts

Thanks for looking!
Julie

5 comments:

  1. wow Julie what a bright and happy take on the colours this week! Fabby :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Julie! LOVE all those layers and your FABULOUS, metal flower! You've inspired me to give punching metal a go! I'm told it's a great way to sharpen your punches, too. Bonus! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all those scallops!! Fabulous CAS design and love the pop of silver from your flower :) Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Julie, I love everything you do. Sigh. THis is so beautiful! THanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK JULIE--it's official! You are amazing and super talented! I love visiting your blog-love that silver flower and those scallops-OHHHH! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...