Tuesday, April 12, 2011

PDCC76 with Sarah Anderson

I've done it again...I've combined two challenges. The Play Date Cafe challenge this week uses a bright color palette of bright green, bright blue and sky blue. Check out the awesome inspirational photo:


Also, over at Moxie Fab World there is a card sets challenge so I decided to combine the two! Seeing how I got a nice little package from a friend in the mail yesterday with my very own first sets (yes I said sets) of Ippity by Unity stamps I decided to give one of the sets a whirl for my project. This project is CAS and to my amazement, the cards ended up being one layer! Stamps and ink all the way and nothing more. Here is what the little box looks like that hosts my four cards and envelopes.

I didn't have template, so I made my own using my scor-pal. The top flap was punched with a scallop punch from Martha Stewart Crafts and the label punch is from Stampin' Up! I stamped the flower in soft sky and then punched out the label shape, adhered it to wild wasabi cardstock, cut it out and stamped the sentiment in black. I attached the top half of the label with tacky tape to the top flap and added some velcro to the bottom half so it would close. The bottom half of the box is randomly stamped with a spattered stamp in the color pacific point. A punched butterfly was the final touch. The box open looks like this:

For the cards I used naturals white cardstock and stamped one card with the flower in pacific point and another with soft sky. The third card has the leaf stamped in wild wasabi and on the fourth card I used the flower with all three colors. The sentiments are all the same on the cards.



I must say after using these stamps I think I'm in love with Ippity Stamps now lol and I can't wait to try out my other 3 sets :)

Simple Things Card Set
Cardstock: (Naturals White, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (The Simple Things) Ippity by Unity; (Background Basics, Just Believe) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Pacific Point, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up!; (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Punches: (Scallop, Butterfly) Martha Stewart Crafts; (Label) Stampin' Up!
Other: scor-pal, velcro, tacky tape

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie

9 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards! :) As the sentiment says, simple says it best alright! Super! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card set is FANTASTIC, Julie! LOVE that sweet, little box, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful project! Fun way to work the colors :) Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun project Julie! love it when you discover new stamps :) Thanks for joining in the fun at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, sometimes 'simple is best', these CAS designs are gorgeous and I just love your little box too! Beautiful job! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julie! Thanks for linking these up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, I love it! Your CAS designs are fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the colours you've chosen, and they just pop against the crisp white :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your clean and simple cards!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...