Tuesday, April 26, 2011

PDCC78 with Julie Ranae

Did you see the colors for this week over at the Play Date Cafe? Love them! Check out the photo :)

 

Not only were the colors inspiring but so were the design team projects. I was really inspired by Jax's card with those horizontal lines of color and went with a spin off from hers and from a sketch in the Go-to-Sketches magazine from Paper Crafts.

 It's a card, but it can hold a gift card in the little pocket. This card was a snap! Scraps of cardstock with some texture, a little stitching, a fabric button and some yummy baker's twine. I wanted a "for you" sentiment, but nope, the only "for you" sentiment I own is a very itty bitty one. *Sigh* another stamp for my wish list :)


Gift Card Holder
Cardstock: (Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Naturals White) Stampin' Up!; (Phoenix Swiss Dot) Bazzill Basics
Ink: (Basic Black, Real Red) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Holiday Button Bits) Papertrey Ink
Embossing: (Checkered & Harlequin texture plates) Stampin' Up!
Button: (Pretty in Pink corduroy) Stampin' Up!
Fiber: (Maraschino, Baker's Twine) The Twinery 
Stickers: (Rhinestones) Stampin' Up!
Punch: (Circle) Creative Memories
Other: foam mounts, white thread

Thanks for stopping and have a great day!












7 comments:

  1. Well, your "snap" turned in to one FABULOUS creation, Julie! LOVE all the textures you've created with the embossing and corduroy and twine! Such a great play on our color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS Julie! Great texture too :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shape of this card as well as all the textures! The twine is a nice balance to the stitching. The fact that it can hold a gift card is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! ;) I'm so flattered that my card inspired you, especially since it took me forever to make. Ha. I know exactly which sketch you used to because I love that sketch and have used it! Great job with your CAS card. Glad to have you playing along again at The Play Date CAfe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing that with all the stamps we crafters own, we *still* can't find just the right one sometimes? LOL I love your card, Julie. I ALWAYS love to see what you do! I wish I had more "me" time right now, just to dig deeper into your blog. (sigh) Thanks for playing with us at The Play DAte CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all that fabby texture! Such a fun and fresh card :) Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card, Julie!! Love your design - just perfect. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...