Monday, April 25, 2011

PTI April Blog Hop



 It's that time again! Time for another Papertrey Ink blog hop and this time the challenge is to make something dedicated to the boys and men in our lives. Having recently purchased some of the card templates from Papertrey Ink, I couldn't resist making a "Congrats on getting your license card". Here is what I came up with:


I must say this is one of the funner cards I've done in awhile, mainly because I got to doodle on it :) At first I was stumped trying to figure out what to do with the windows and then the idea of a little dude driving came to mind. I used a black marker to draw him and write the "beep, beep" words and then I used another marker to give his cheeks just a tad of color. For the antenna I twisted some black craft wire together and then used two die cut banners with the wire sandwiched in between using a foam mount. Finishing touches was some outlining and a button for a headlight :)

Congrats You Did It Card
Cardstock: (Pacific Point, Basic Black, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Signature Sentiments, Banner Builder) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Blush Blossom) Stampin' Up!
Button: (Custom Mix Vintage) Papertrey Ink
Template:(Car, Boys to Men) Papertrey Ink
Die Cut: (Banner) Papertrey Ink
Punch: (Circle) Creative Memories
Other: craft wire, foam mounts, thread, black marker

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the blog hop!
Julie





13 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, this is so cute!! Love the banner you added and the orange headlight!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cuuuuuute shaped card! Love all the little details :) Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cute! Love the car shaped card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the happiest dude ever!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love shape cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie this is adorable! I love the banner! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun boy card! Any boy would be lucky to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my giddy aunt! This is so amazingly cute! I just love love love this little motor with the banner at the back. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a fun card, julie! love your doodling and the banner:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! Love how you shaped the card to look like a car. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet and cute! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, could be asapted to so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that you made a shaped card for the hop.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...