Friday, April 1, 2011

Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge #49


I finally had a chance to play in the Saturday Challenge over at Wee Memories this week (albeit last minute lol) and the challenge is anything goes. So I decided to try out a new technique I saw a couple of weeks over at the Hero Arts Blog using the layered stamped background technique. You can see a tutorial for it here. This card took me most of the day, but it was a fun process.


I didn't realize until after I finished the card that I actually used a Hero Arts definition stamp. This particular stamp was one of the very first stamps that made it into my stamp collection. Usually I go into detail about how I made the card, but there were waaay too many steps and I don't want to bore you to death lol, but I'll leave the card recipe as usual :)

Life is Art Card
Cardstock: Whisper White
Stamps: (Art, Life & Beauty) Hero Arts; (Weave) Magenta; (Just Believe) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Antique Linen, Crushed Olive, Broken China,Dusty Concord, Walnut Stain) Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Versamark
Embossing Powder: (Winter White) Stampin' Up!
Other: button, thread, computer font

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this is lovely! What a great technique!

    Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...