Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge #51 - Tangled Up

This week's challenge over at Wee Memories is all about the twine! You can use any kind of twine that suits your fancy :) Having just acquired some lovely Baker's Twine form the Twinery I just couldn't resist this challenge.


As soon as I looked at my new stamp set from Stampin' Up! (Sew Suite) I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my twine, so here's what I came up with:


I went with a CAS card this week and again, no sentiments in my stamp collection to go with my idea (my wish list of stamps this past few weeks has grown considerably). I used my trusty printer for the sentiment and would have printed it directly onto the card front except I already had my rulers glued on so it wouldn't feed through my printer properly :( I opted to just print on a separate sheet of cardstock and cut each word out in blocks. For the spools, I stamped the image on crumb cake cardstock, cut them out  and then wrapped the baker's twine around the spool. My original idea was to put sewing needles in each spool and then thread the twine through, but baker's twine is just too big for the needle eye so I used pins with a loop at the end instead.

Sew Sweet Card
Cardstock: (Whisper White, So Saffron, Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Sew Suite) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento; (Orchid Opulence, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo) Stampin' Up!
Fiber: (Caribbean, Lilac, Pink Sorbet Baker's Twine) Twinery
Other: loop pins, computer font, foam mounts, glue dots

Thanks for looking and have a great week!
Julie

8 comments:

  1. What a fun and crative take on the challenge! SEW cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! What a fun way to use the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this is so cute, love the spools!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling! What a great sewing theme - and your spools are fabby! Thanks for playing along at the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!!!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Wee memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card, love love love those spools! I'm linking this up on Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely precious! Love! Cute, Cute, Cute! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so super adorable, love it!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...