Wednesday, May 18, 2011

CARDS challenge - All Pink

Ever have one of those card making sessions where nothing seems to go right and you begin to wonder why you even started making it??!! I had hemmed and hawed about trying the "all pink" challenge because frankly I don't own much in my card making supplies that is pink. I had an idea in my head and that didn't work, then I had another, scratched that...finally I ended up with SOMETHING pink!


I discovered 4 things while making this card:
1. I really don't like pink
2. I should stick to the style of card making I know
3. It's sometimes good to get mad at your stamping boo-boos because sometimes they turn into something kinda funky lol.
4. And last but not least...avoid using ribbon with trippy patterns

Yeah so pink by itself, over everything, meh...I guess I like pink in moderation and mixed in with other colors. My first intent when I started making the card was "okay, the chance to step out of my style box and make something soft and vintagy with soft pink colors". HA! I tried, but my hands just starting going for the CAS things lol. Oh and the stamping boo-boos. You see that funky pattern on the bottom part of my card? THAT believe it or not is the "Dots for Sure" stamp by Ippity. I intended to have a strip of dots across the bottom, but of course the stamp wouldn't go the whole length of my cardstock, so I had to stamp it twice. Needless to say I couldn't get it lined up right so the pattern was uniform (even with my stamp-a-ma-jig) and not lined up stamping in my world, is a no-no because it will drive me NuTs (one of my quirks I guess). Anyways, by the time I had ruined 5 sheets of cardstock, in a stamping rage, I flipped the stamp the other way and stamped back over it in anger lol...and that's what I ended up with. Not a lined up pattern, but funky enough that the missing dots don't bother me. Finally...THAT ribbon....if someone had of been in my art room when I was attaching that ribbon, they would have thought I'd lost my marbles! I had to keep measuring the width of the ribbon because I swear it kept getting wider as I stuck it down, but alas it was just an optical illusion due to the trippy pattern...phew :)

 Well that's my challenge story and I'm glad I did it because I wouldn't have discovered those four things if I had of passed it up :)

Pink Friend Card
Cardstock: (Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo) SU!
Stamps: (Dots for Sure) Ippity; (I Love Hearts) SU!
Ink: (Melon Mambo) SU!
Ribbon: (Girl Friday) Cosmo Cricket (hehe a ribbon with my DT name)
Chipboard: (Heart) SU!
Rhinestones: SU! (colored with a pink copic marker)
Other: foam mounts
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great crafty day :)
Julie


7 comments:

  1. I also discovered that I don't like pink too! That was a hard challenge wasn't it? I love how yours turned out and am looking forward to seeing what Paige shares tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a few days like that too recently!
    I'm not a pink fan either but I think your card is great :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a hard challenge huh!?!? Sorry :) Hehe. But your card turned out fabulous and thanks for submitting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, an all pink card is too intimidating for me to try!!! I love your card...despite your scrapped efforts, this card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me feel better to hear about your struggles! I have days like that, too! This is lovely, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Love your description of "stamping rage." I had an episode like that recently. :) And yet, this was one of my favorite cards in the gallery this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...