Wednesday, May 11, 2011

CARDS Challenge Blog - Fabric Flowers

It has been a while since I've tried one of the challenges over at the CARDS blog and the challenge this week was fabric flowers, which piqued my interest, so I gave it a whirl. They have a great tutorial to show you how to make a simple fabric flower, which you can find here. These flowers are super easy to make and sooooo much fun! Here is what I came up with :


I was still feeling "texty" from the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week and decided on a "hello" half panel for my card. It took me forever to figure out how to get friend in there somewhere because I really didn't want to stamp anything else in my white space on the top half of the card. My sentiment was inspired by this card over at xiumaiyuki's blog. I really liked the way her text and sentiment were stamp layered.My text background was too busy for the simple friend word, so I inked a block of color on first before stamping the word over top with black. Here's a close up of the fabric flower:


 Hello Friend Card
Cardstock: (Stamper's select white) Papertrey Ink; (Riding Hood Red) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Hello Pattern) Hero Arts; (Framed) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Riding Hood Red, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Buttons: (Spring Mix) Papertrey Ink; (Salt Air) Cosmo Cricket
Punch: (Lace Scallop) Stampin' Up!; (Corner Rounder) Creative Memories
Stickers: (Rhinestones) Stampin' Up!
Other: white thread, foam mounts

Thanks for for stopping by and hope the sun is shining where you are!





10 comments:

  1. LOVE your take on the fabric flower, Julie!! Gorgeous design with the text ( love how you were inspired!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin' cute, Julie! I wanted to play in that challenge this week, too, but I just couldn't get it together. Love the "subway art" effect of your text panel. It's really yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and beautiful CAS this is!! The way you layered those text is so effective. I'm loving that gorgeous bloom... thank you for the link... can't wait to try it out.

    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog... and for the shout out here. You've made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower--love the mixed text panel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is lovely. Fab colours and I LOVE that gorgeous flower - I have to try that! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is gorgeous, Julie! I love the fabric flower as much as I love how you sponged over the sentiment to balance both sides of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Congrats on being featured in CREATE blog!! This card ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Julie! Love the text paper underneath it too...that stuff can be hard to use!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...