Friday, May 6, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays 1st Challenge!!



 ARE...YOU...READY??!! I know this Girl Friday sure is! May 6th has finally arrived and it's time to let the fun begin! For our first challenge at CAS-ual Fridays you get to show us your uber, awesome texting skills (not the cell phone kind hehe). Use stamps, embellishments, patterned paper...ANYTHING as long as you keep it CAS and there's text in it :)


The winner will receive a very cool badge to display proudly on their blog AND a great prize from our sponsor this week, Crop Stop!



And here's my little card for inspiration this week...very simple :)


 I found some text paper and used a chair die to cut out the shape. Then I stamped over top to add some color (the text paper was neutral). I wanted the chair and sentiment to be the center focal point, so I used a blank, neutral card base and let all the chair do the talking :)

You should see what the other Girl Fridays have come up with, TONS of great ideas! Come on over and have a peek. We'd love to have you play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Chair-ish You Card
Cardstock: (Very Vanilla) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: text paper from scrap pile
Stamps: (On my Couch) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Die: (Chair) Papertrey Ink
Other: foam mounts

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have fun with the first challenge!








18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the first challenge, I (grin/sigh/gasp), love this set and I think this is a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it!!! So great to have you along with us Julie! Your project and post are T-rrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Love this texty little chair!! Fabby inspiration piece and I'm just thrilled that you are with us :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this card!! YAY, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swoon, super cute card!!
    I'm Super excited to be working with such talent!!
    Hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love clean and simple and this card is a perfect representation of it! YAY for Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i. love. this. that's all i have to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card and brilliant sentiment:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card, Julie! Terrific CAS design and yummy colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever you, and such a fun idea!!!
    i am looking forward to seeing what is next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. in love with that armchair. I hope you don't mind that I linked to your card on my blog: http://justmeprints.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-chair-ish-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the chair and the pillow and that FAB sentiment! Congrats on being on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the chair and pillow with the text! SO cute:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...