Friday, May 27, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #4 - Graduation

Da dee dee da da dum...yup I have Pomp and Circumstance stuck in my head now :) This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is all about that milestone...graduation.



I was blown away as to how many entries there were in last week's challenge and I hope you all come back this week, I LOVE looking at all your creations!
Market Street Stamps is our sponsor this week and that means another awesome prize to be won!



Here is my little tidbit of inspiration and I must say this was the hardest card to come up with for a starting point. I'd say graduation cards are the ones I make the least and I was having a hard time finding any graduation products in my stash.


I pulled out every "congratulations" stamp I owned and stamped every one of them on a piece of white cardstock. I was originally going to just stick with the color combo of black/white/gray, but I accidentally sprayed some hot pink ink from another project onto my text panel, so I ended up spraying the whole thing and then adding some pink cardstock. The final touch was popping up one of the sentiments and adding a grad cap button I found.

We'd love to see your clean and simple grad creations over at CAS-ual Fridays this week and you should see what the other Girl Fridays have come up with to inspire you! Since June is right around the corner, this would be the perfect time to make your graduation cards for all those awesome grads! :) 

Thanks for stopping by and can't wait to see all your creativity!
Julie






18 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea with the Congrats stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your congrats panel! Great color combo, and that button is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your stamped the sentiment!! Love the colors and images!! Truly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is perfect! I actually went and got a graduation stamp but now I realize I didn't have too! Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow so creative, great way to use all your sentiments. Love it :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome homemade paper! I love all those sentiments! Perfect grad card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that was a happy accident, I LOVE the pink! This is a perfect card in every way--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work, I love the hints of pink too. :)
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!
    I think the pink gives it that extra *pop*...
    and I wouldn't have admitted to an accident...
    but instead divine inspiration and creative genius!
    And your "Congrats" background is awesome...
    I know how much time that took...
    and it is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A terrific grad card! The background of congrats in different fonts is awesome!!! Great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, a great grad card! I too love the different fonts in the background. It makes for a very interesting card...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the pink addition. Mistakes make the best changes. ;) The button is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific card!! I love the congratulations sentiment block you made:) I'm also glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who had a hard time with a grad card this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I followed your card over from CASual fridays, and I'm crushin on your blog! LOVE love LOOOOVE your style! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore every single detail about this card!! Your graduation subway art is oustanding!! Great job, cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this one Julie! sometimes mistakes make the best final product, because the pink really adds a pop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. pretty card, love the pink:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love this card - using all the congrats stamps is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...