Friday, May 13, 2011

CFC#2 - Buttons and Twine

Well it's Friday again and time for another awesome challenge! I was absolutely blown away by all the amazing creations last week and I hope you all come back again to play this week :) This week's challenge is all about...


 Yup it's all about the buttons and twine this week at CAS-ual Fridays! So dig out your button and twine stash and have some fun! 

Our sponsor this week is DeNami Design,
and what a yummy prize package you can win!


Here is my little card of inspiration using some of the yummy buttons from DeNami Designs and some baker's twine.


Another super simple card. Make some buttons into flowers, use the twine for stems and add some leaves. For the bottom portion I chose colors that matched my buttons, made one strip embossed with dots and punched another strip in a scallop border. Then I just tied some more twine around the whole thing and adhered the strips to the card base using pop dots.

 You should see what the other Girl Fridays have waiting for you over at the CAS-ual Fridays challenge blog, absolutely inspiring! We'd love to have you play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week! I can't wait to see all your awesome creations for this challenge ;)


You Make Me Smile
Cardstock: (Bazzill White) Bazzill Basics; (Brillant Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink
Buttons: DeNami Design
Twine: (Honeydew, Pink Sorbet) The Twinery
Punches: (Scallop border) Martha Stewart Crafts; (leaves, 2 step bird punch) Stampin' Up!
Other: foam mounts

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome Friday!





20 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so very lovely! The twine as the stem is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, colours are lovely xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your CARD makes me want to smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie you always manage to make the sweetest cards. I love your darling embossed leaves and that two tone border at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this! Its fun and playful and perfectly CAS!! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely charming and delightful! Love it to bits, Julie !

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This is darling! Our cards match! So fun! I love the little flowers and that embossed layer! You do CAS so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely wonderful. It is so crisp! I love the colors you used and everything else about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you've used buttons as flowers, such a simple and effective design, love it.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW this is stunning!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a lovely card Julie, the flowers with the twine stems look fantastic. I have to think of what to do for this weeks challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so sweet! I love the cute little flowers with their twine stems and button blooms!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea with the flowers! It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet, Julie! I love those button flowers and you used the twine so perfectly here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am over the moon in love with this design, cute girl - it just makes me happy. The colors, buttons, twine, design - ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely perfect! Love it...the colours, the white space, the layout... terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that little cluster of button and twine flowers. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a perfectly wonderful card!! I love the twine as stems for flowers! I really like the button sitting under the twine bow. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...