Sunday, May 29, 2011

Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Challenge #5

As soon as this Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Challenge #5 went up I had this idea in my head and just HAD to make it into a card. Here is what I came up with:


 Originally I was going to have a row of houses in silhouette with a "welcome to the neighborhood" sentiment, but the houses I thought would look good from one of my cricut cartridges just wasn't cutting it for me. So I dug out my trusty pencil and sketched a cityscape and then tried to cut it out as straight as I could :) My sunrise idea had me stumped until I stumbled on this great stamp from Market Street Stamps and it worked perfectly. A few die cut clouds with a bit of sunrise color sponged on the bottoms and a simple sentiment printed off were the finishing touches, oh, and a black button for good measure.

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie


7 comments:

  1. fab card Julie, love the sunrise over the city. Very inspiring card:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card - your skyline is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful representation of the colors!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning the challenge. This card is wonderful and really deserves it. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the PC color challenge win! It's a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing! I can't believe you sketched that skyline! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...