Sunday, May 1, 2011

PDCC79 with Sarah Anderson

Two bright colors + one neutral color = one very hip color combo. Check out the funky pillow picture over at the Play Date Cafe this week.


 An item that arrived in the mail this week was the deciding factor in what I was going to make for this challenge. The inspirational item was the cute l'il tomato from the Paper Smooches "Vegtastic" stamp set. Having just expanded my copic marker collection to include some reds, I decided to give some coloring a try. Let's just say I think I need to take some copic classes so I can learn to use them properly :) Six tomatoes later, I was finally satisfied with the coloring (you should see the other five, yikes!). I kept the design simple because, well, CAS is what I like best.




Ketchup Card
Cardstock: (Basic Gray) Stampin' Up!; (Maraschino Swiss Dot) Bazzill Basics
Stamps: (Vegtastic) Paper Smooches
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Fiber: (Lime Green Grosgrain) Denami Design; (Maraschino Baker's Twine) The Twinery
Button: (Clear Green) Denami Design
Markers: (YG05, R46, R89) Copic Sketch 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to pop over to the Play Date Cafe to either play along or look at all the other fabby projects!












9 comments:

  1. no wonder you had to use that stamp set! so cute! great CAS card Julie :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute!! You're brave to color the tomato, I always paper piece hehehe! Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute lil tomato! I love him. :) He does indeed look good with our color challenge this week, Julie. Glad he arrived in time so you could play with us at THe Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your CAS card...this is so my style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS fits you so well, Julie! LOVE the bits of texture you were able to incorporate into your design! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOOO fun! I just love visiting here! You are always inspiring me!! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...