Tuesday, May 17, 2011

PDCC81 with Sarah Anderson

Almost missed the deadline on the challange this week over at the Play Date Cafe. I'm going to blame on my brilliant idea of hand stitching! Here is what the lovely color combo is for this week:



I wanted to to do CAS, but with a little elegance, so here is what I came up with:


  My pleated ribbon would have been fine as it was without the stitching because it was tacky taped, but I had it in my head that it needed some silver going through it to balance it out. That's when my ribbon line ended up crooked lol, it's really hard to push a wee little needle through a couple layers of ribbon, tacky tape and two layers of cardstock, I have the bent needle to prove it! :) I was so happy to use 95% Stampin' Up! product because my SU stuff is getting outta control! Here is a close up of the part that got cut off in the first picture.



Butterfly Thanks Card
Cardstock: (Rich Razzleberry, Kiwi Kiss) Stampin' Up!; (Metallic Silver) unknown source
Punches: (Butterfly) Stampin' Up!; (Scallop Border) Martha Stewart Crafts
Embossing: (Flourish Texture Plate) Stampin' Up!; (Dots Embossing Folder) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Kiwi Kiss) Stampin' Up!
Ribbon: (Rich Razzleberry; Satin) Stampin' Up!
Button: (Kiwi Kiss; Corduroy) Stampin' Up!
Stickers: (Rhinestones) Stampin' Up!
Rub-On: (Chit Chat) Stampin' Up!
Other: metallic thread, glue dots

Thanks for peeking at my creation and have a great day!
Julie













7 comments:

  1. Fabby Julie! Love the butterflies - love the button at the end of the gathered ribbon! Delightful :) Thanks for playing at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, the butterflies are fab, and the hand stitched pleated border - WOW!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so brave - me and the sewing machine would've just had a go and been done with it!...But it turned out beautifully and I really like how you used the colors. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think this just might be my favorite card of yours to date! Beautiful take on the color story! Lots of bent needles over here, too. Try to go bigger next time. They tend to be a bit more sturdy through lots of layers. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Julie, I loved reading about your bent needle and ruffled ribbon. When I do ruffled ribbon it always falls off the card, no matter how much tape I use lol, must try stitching! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I always say the same things to you about your cards, Julie, but you really do 'wow' me each week with your CAS creations! I just KNEW you'd be a Girl Friday. ;) THanks for playing with us at The CAfe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie I just love your sweet card, wow!! As usual, a GORGEOUS creation! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...