Tuesday, May 24, 2011

PDCC82 with Ruby 2 Shoes

I've been having a brain block today when it comes to making cards. Too the point that I had to go for a jog so I could think up some card ideas!
Over at the Play Date Cafe there is a beautiful, soft color palette this week and it was just screaming at me to do something a wee bit different. Take a peek at the great inspirational photo...



I wanted something masculine because I rarely do masculine cards and I really wanted to ink up a Stampin' Up! set that hasn't seen the any ink yet, so here is what I came up with:


 You'll have to excuse the poor photo...no natural light left to take a pic and my camera and fluorescent lights don't seem to like each other :) I originally was going to use Jessica Witty's sketch from the Go-to-Sketches magazine on pg. 133, but somehow those eight circles turned into a square grid pattern going down the side. To acheive this, I just stamped my acrylic blocks on my ink pads and stamped them on the card base in different directions. Then I stamped the travel images in Really Rust going down the edge over top. I always admire card markers that can pull off that collage-y look in one area and this is what I intended, but it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it too. I would have preferred to have my "Live every Moment" rub-on directly on the card base, but alas I wasn't thinking clearly and rubbed it on a different sheet of cardstock! lol (oh well). In short, I think I still pulled off my CAS style, but with a little twist by "attempting" the collage-y look.

Live every Moment Card
(all supplies Stampin' Up!)
Cardstock: Whisper White
Stamps: Sentimental Journey
Ink: Soft Sky, So Saffron, Really Rust
Rub-ons: Anchored
Button: So Saffron
Fiber: Linen thread
Tools: (corner rounder, circle punch) Creative Memories

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a terrific week!
Julie






10 comments:

  1. Going for a run to generate ideas Julie?? That is something I should try ;) Love your CAS-meets-collage look :) Glad you found time to play along with us at PDCC again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, this is definitely one of my favorites of yours. I love how you've combined everything and such a great masculine card. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, very good idea to do a masculine card, and those colors really lend themselves to it. Neat travel theme. Thanks for playing with us at The CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant masculine card Julie, just love that 'off the edge' look :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Julie! Love your CAS style and the awesome way that you've arranged the colors! Great stamping technique as well...a very eye catching detail! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Julie, it's great the way you can look at a sketch and it sparks something off but in a completely different direction, that happens to me all the time! I love how this sketch took you, fab card! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Play Date this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your design. I must try that acrylic block stamping - everytime I say I would, I forget anyway. :-)

    Translating ideas to reality is a challenge. Considering this isn't quite what you planned, it's pretty good so your idea must be stellar.

    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and the layout of the design. How creative. You are very talented. Happy to have found you through CAS-ual Fridasy!
    New follower :O)
    Smilez

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the perfect guy card! So many fantastic elements to look at here! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...