Monday, May 2, 2011

Sweet Cherries

It's been a week of firsts for me. First time coloring with a red copic marker, first time getting a non-card project accepted to Paper Crafts and now...the first time I've ever used a digital stamp! I ended up with a few digital stamps after I wandered over to the Wee Memories blog on Saturday :) The Scrappy Saturday challenge #54 this week is all about paper piecing and their sponsor this week is Tiffany Doodles


 I realize I could have used any of my stamps to make a paper piecing, but I wanted to try out some digital ones, so I went shopping at Tiffany Doodles. The cherries stamp ended up being one of my faves, so here is what I made with it:


I was even able to use up some of my old Stampin' Up! DSP that's been kicking around (this makes me really happy, you should SEE my dp scrap pile, it's actually getting kinda scary lol). For the branch and leaves I used some scraps of patterned paper from my non-Stampin' Up! stash and the cherries are the print found on the back of the cherry paper. The cherries image was cut out using a mega scallop punch and then I inked the edges with red ink and outlined the circle and the cherries image with a blue copic marker. The sentiment is a rub-on from Stampin' Up! (a really old one I found in my sentiment stash). And what project wouldn't be complete without a little baker's twine!

So Sweet Card
Cardstock: (Bashful Blue) Stampin' Up!; (White) Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up! and scraps
Digi Stamp: (Cherries) Tiffany Doodles
Ink: (Real Red) Stampin' Up!
Punches: (scallop) Marvy Uchida; (scallop and hole border) Martha Stewart Crafts; (Corner Rounder) Creative Memories
Rub-on: Stampin' Up!
Marker: ( B91, Pale Grayish Blue) Copic Sketch

Thanks for looking and hop you have a sweet day!


Fiber: (Maraschino, baker's twine) The Twinery


7 comments:

  1. LOVE it! thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card! Your paper-pieced cherries are so super cute. :)

    I also wanted to say that I just spent about 30 minutes checking out your past blog posts, and I love your style! You do CAS so well and with so many different styles. Congrats on your Girl Friday design team spot! I can't wait to follow along and see what you do with the challenges.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is just gorgeous Julie, I will check out more of your lovely work when I get over the flu

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is adorable Julie! I too have some of that SU PP somewhere...hiding most likely!
    Congrats on your week of firsts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is too sweet of a card! red and blue are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!!!Thanks for palying along with us at Wee Memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...