Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bright Bargello

I'm off to a good start this week...I finished my Play Date Cafe entry two days before the deadline! Whoo-hoo!
This week's color story by Jaclym Miller is bright and fun, check it out!


 I love these colors together and decided to enter my card in the Tuesday Trigger challenge over at Moxie Fab World titled "Rainbow Bright"as well. The bright colors  and the varying heights of the spools is what inspired me for my card (bargello technique) The spools made me think of the skewing of patterns. Here is the inspiration for the Tuesday Trigger. 


 I've been thinking a lot about my brayer the past week, so I tried something new with it and used my markers to color strips of color right onto the brayer. After a brayered my ink strip pattern, I cut strips and arranged them as my focal point using the bargello technique (click here for a great tutorial on this technique). Usually you use patterned paper to do this, but I went CAS and just used my ink colors.


After arranging my strips on a panel, I rounded the corners and applied a rub-on sentiment with a small, pink rhinestone. The panel is popped up with foam mounts.

Bargello Hello Card (all supplies Stampin' Up!)
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie
Rub-on: Stampin' Up!
Sticker: Rhinestone
Tools: Brayer 
Other: Foam Mounts

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great start to your week!
Julie





7 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love that star on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet CAS card Julie :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! I agree with Karen, its awesome! Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO creative and fun Julie!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...