Friday, June 3, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #5 - Laura's Sketch

Another great week at CAS-ual Fridays and tons of FABULOUS graduation card ideas, thanks everyone:) This week's challenge is based on a sketch by one of our very own Girl Fridays, Laura!




We'd love to have you play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays and show us your take on this fabby sketch. Plus we have another great sponsor this week, The Craft's Meow. Which means another fabby prize to win :)



I will admit that sketches are not one of my strong points. I have a habit of looking at a sketch and then going in a totally different direction and I tried not to do that here, but I may have a smidgen. Here is what I came up with this week:


 See? My interpretation of  the sketch is just crammed into a smaller area I think lol. The sun on the water represents the half circle section of the sketch and the sentiment/verse is represented by the wavy border part at the top (I know it may be bit of a stretch, but you get the idea). This card took maybe 5 minutes to make. The image and verse is a digi stamp from Tiffany's Doodles and then I just used my copic markers to color the sun and waves...super easy. Then I just mounted it on some yellow cardstock and popped it off the card base.

The Girl Fridays have some uber cool ideas using the sketch that you should check out over at CAS-ual Fridays and we would love to see YOUR creations using this sketch in a clean and simple style. Can't wait to see your creativity this week :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Friday!
Julie






12 comments:

  1. What an awesome take on the sketch, I love that it is basically a one layer card. So fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, it is simply delightful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazingggggggg! Such a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is CAS at its best! Such powerful image and sentiment! I adore this, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this digi but would never have thought of using it for this sketch, great idea :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!
    I love everything about it...
    colors...
    image...
    sentiment.
    Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and lovely card !

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my this is gorgeous! I love the scripture! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card! Love the simplicity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and bright! Great verse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly an inspirational card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...