Friday, June 10, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #6 - Tic Tac Toe

Another AMAZING week at CAS-ual Fridays! There were so many fabulous takes on Laura's sketch, it was hard to narrow it down. This week's challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is a fun game of Tic Tac Toe!



 Pick a line, whether it be horizontal, vertical or diagonally and use the three elements from the line in your card. So many fun combinations to try!
Our sponsor this week is Tami Mayberry who is also our very first Girl Friday Temp (guest designer), so you should hop on over to CAS-ual Fridays to check out what you can win plus take a look at what Tami and the other Girl Fridays have created for inspiration this week.


For my card this week I went uber simple and picked the diagonal row that uses chipboard, punch and twine.


 I was somewhat unimaginative when it came to my punch because I just used my corner rounder :) The chipboard element is the tree, which I covered with some Stampin' Up! paper from the Good Morning set and the sentiment and design down the edge are coordinating rub-ons from the same set. A little inking around the edges and some twine to the side finish off this 10 minute card. I think I may add some lined paper to the inside and use it as a small notepad to take to meetings :)

Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see what line everyone works with and what creations you all make for our 6th CAS-ual Fridays challenge!
Julie


14 comments:

  1. What a cute little scene you've created, I just think the lime green against the kraft is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card that would make a wonderful designer notepad. Love it!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple and so fun! Great job with the elements, your tree is just darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie! I love your card, it would be great for a dude!! I hope you had a happy birthday as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely terrific Julie! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just adore trees and this is fab on the neutral background. :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would make an awesome notebook cover! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie this is adorable! I just love that tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, really CUTE! LOVE the rub-on element and your tree is FAB with those papers! LOVE how the sentiment isn't just a straight line - it makes your eyes move ~ do you know what I mean??!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that tree....it is adorable! Love the simple, clean design. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple it may be, but those darling rub ons kick it up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and clever, missy!! I always forget about rubons, but I love the special dimension and interest that they add to your design. And what a brilliant idea - to make it into a notebook cover. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...