Friday, June 17, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #7 - Color Blocking

Another amazing week over at CAS-ual Fridays! Lots and lots of fab ideas and beautiful CAS cards. This week's challenge is a trend that has been popping up everywhere in the fashion industry, from clothes right down to shoes! Color blocking is the challenge so dig out those scraps and put them to good use :)
 
 
 
 Our sponsor for this week is Crop Stop and that means another fabby prize to win, PLUS the chance to become an exclusive member of our T.G.I.F Club!
 
 
 
 For my inspirational card this week I went with bright colors and a simple shorthand sentiment.
 
 
 I haven't done color blocking in ages and I used to do a lot of color blocked scrapbook pages, so I dug out my deluxe cuts color block templates and used one of the card ones. After fitting all my pieces on, I stamped the "HB" in white, cut it out and popped it off the card front. The number two is a chipboard number that I inked black and then covered with crystal effects and lastly the "you" is a rub-on.
 
 
We'd love to have your CAS color blocked creations hanging in our gallery over at CAS-ual Fridays and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this challenge. Our Girl Fridays have some great inspiration to share with you as well, so come on over and get blocky with us :)
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Friday!
Julie




12 comments:

  1. Loooooove your card!! Its Color Block-licious!! :D Seriously great job and super inspiring...thinking I should go back down to my studio and play with my scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is art in miniture, I just love those colour blocs and that text type sentiment :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, look at all those colors arranged in such a lovely fashion! Wow! Brilliant and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's bold and beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cheery colors for a fantastic bday card! wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swoon, love the design, colors, just a great card!!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that 2! Very, very cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! LOVE the colors you chose and your big, shiny 2:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FUN x a billion!! The color combo and layout, with that delicious chipboard and sentiment - outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, I used your card as a source of inspiration for my Cas-ual Friday card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am soooo in love with your card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!! absolute perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...