Friday, June 24, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #8 - Getting Edgy

I think last week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge was one of my faves so far! There were so many ideas for color blocking in the gallery that I even discovered a lot of new ideas for my new cards. If you liked last week's challenge, you're going to LOVE the challenge this week! Break out those punches, dies, whatever you can find to make something "edgy" on your creation!


This week we have Market Street Stamps returning again for another fab prize to win and the chance to either become a T.G.I.F club member or a V.I.P.

The Girl Fridays had the opportunity to use Market Street Stamps for our projects this week and here is what I came up with using the "Here Comes the Sun" stamp.

I just had to make a warm and sunny card to counteract the real weather going on around here. There's been little sun and its been COLD! Summer has arrived, but I'm still waiting for spring lol. For this card I stamped the sun with daffodil delight on coordinating cardstock and then used a EK Success border punch to make my waves. I had a trio of blue colors from the Bazzill Basics Swiss dot collection and used the lightest color first and then went to the darkest color. It seemed only fitting to stamp a "warm" sentiment and top it off with a bright yellow button :)

The Girl Fridays have some great inspiration for you this week! Come on over to CAS-ual Fridays and play along with us, we'd love to see your "edgy" approach to this fun challenge!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend!
Julie


15 comments:

  1. Julie, this is such a cheery card! You must live close by, because we're still waiting for Spring in Wisconsin too! ;) Absolutely love the punches you used and how you paired them with the Here Comes the Sun background. Just beautiful! :) - Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this makes me want to go to the beach, which is far far far away! Love your colors! Great new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card!!! Awwww....summer!!!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE the way you used that punch!! Another AWESOME design, Julie! (PS: I bought the same punch at Michael's with 50% off coupon, BUT the punch didn't work very well. It kept getting stuck, so I returned it :( Perhaps I should look into getting a different set! )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Julie, I love that EK punch....great for sewing through too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that border punch you used to make the waves. Such a fun, happy, summer CAS card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that border punch...
    makes perfect waves! :)
    Such a gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy card, I love it!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Julie! You always always rock the CAS cards! I've linked this up on Practical Scrappers today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This just is such a fun and happy card, Julie! I MUST have that sunrays background in my collection - love the amazing effect it has as a focal image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! It's so cheerful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome colors and textures. Definitely envokes happy feeling. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's really beautiful! Love the colors and the "waves". I've looked through your blog....you are very talented! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card! How did you get the effect on the sun... did you spray the stamp with water or the paper? Thanks for sharing - and you can email me at fancydancycrafts@cox.net

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...