Sunday, June 26, 2011

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - Lovely as a Lullaby

I couldn't pass up playing the Tuesday Trigger this week over at Moxie Fab World because I fell in love with the inspirational photo, check it out:


I was inspired by the colors, the patterns and the tabs of ribbon...pretty much the whole thing :) Here is what I came up with going with a baby theme:


And a close up of the wee little giraffe :)


 I started off by stamping a dot pattern on basic gray and barely banana cardstock using whisper white. Then I cut varying widths of strips in soft sky, very vanilla, going gray, basic gray and barely banana. I glued the strips in a pattern on white cardstock and then used my new postage stamp punch to punch out squares from the stripe pattern I created plus the polka dot pieces. I mounted a 3x3 grid pattern onto another piece of cardstock and distressed the edges with a distresser. For the sentiment I used a stamp from Papertrey Ink and then stamped a wee giraffe, cut him out and added him to the sentiment block. Finishing touches were three ribbon tabs and a button :) 

Little Bundle Card
Cardstock: (Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Going Gray, Basic Gray, Barely Banana) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink; (Fox & Friends) Stampin' Up!; (Dots for Sure) Ippity
Ink: (Basic Gray, Barely Banana, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Ribbon: (Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray) Stampin' Up!
Button: (Basic Gray, Neutrals Collection) Stampin' Up!
Punch: (Postage Stamp) Stampin' Up!
Other: thread, foam mounts, distresser

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie


7 comments:

  1. Love the quilt effect Julie and the postage stamp punch is awesome....don't think that is over here yet!!
    Fab card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS!!! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the colors and that little giraffe is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So perfect for the trigger...you nailed every color and pattern...and the tiny giraffe sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I love love how you used the inspiration photo. It is awesome! Awesome in every way! BTW, thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...