Tuesday, June 28, 2011

PDCC87 - Slate Blue, Barn Red and Grey

This week's colors over at the Play Date Cafe are patriotic and a great masculine color combo. Check out what Jaclyn pulled together for the inspirational photo this week:

I had all the intentions of making a patriotic card with banner flags with stars punched out of each banner, but alas my star punch was a tad too big for the triangles. I started playing around with my die cut triangles and discovered I could make a pretty nifty argyle pattern! Here's what my end result was:

And here is a close up:


It's a simple card and the only thing that took any length of time was gluing those triangles on straight! lol
For the sentiment, I kept if very clean and simple and just used chipboard letters colored black. I think the sun was too bright when I took the photo because in real life the blue looks more slatey (don't think that's a word lol) and the red was deeper. Oh well, I'd rather the picture be clear and a little off in color than fuzzy and the right color :)

Argyle Dad Card
Cardstock: (Blue Bayou, Cherry Cobbler) Stampin' Up!; (Taupe) Bazzill Basics
Chipboard: Maya Road
Die: (Banner Builders) Papertrey Ink

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek, hope your day is warm and sunny!
Julie




5 comments:

  1. wow!!! your argyle pattern is totally cool! love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's a fab Argyle pattern, love the simple sentiment too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab bold CAS card Julie! Great use of the colours... thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GET OUT! Julie--you are tooooooooo amazing! I love love love this! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the PDCC and playing along with us this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What patience you have, Julie, for gluing down those triangles! It paid off; it's one cool, unique, graphic card. THanks for playing with us at The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...