Thursday, July 7, 2011

Accordion Paper Flowers

The newest card challenge over at the CREATE: blog was to make a card with paper accordion flowers. I've seen these cute flowers/medallions popping up everywhere and decided to give them a whirl. Here is what I came up with:


 I made mine a tad differently than the regular ones by punching one of my edges with a scallop punch first before I made the accordion folds. I found a great tutorial on You Tube that I can't seem to find again. I used double sided paper to make my flower from the October Afternoon "Modern Homemaker" Collection. The center is just a punched circle glued over top to keep the flower in place. I added some coordinating strips of paper and cardstock along the card front, using the scallop border for the bottom piece and adding some pearls to it. The stem and leaf are hand stitched using brown thread and the sentiment is a stamp from the set " A Little Buggy" by Ippity, stamped in the color Ruby Red from Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty Julie! Love the colours you've used as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!! You are SO talented!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and clever, girlie! Can't believe you hand-stitched the stem and leaf - now that's what I call patient! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that flower! Your hand stitching is amazing. The white space and placement of pearls around the sentiment are just perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...