Friday, July 8, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #10 - Shaped Cards

Phew! Judging was hard this week, there were sooo many fantastic entries for the CAS-ual Fridays Krafts-men challenge that I would have picked them all :) This week's challenge is a really fun challenge...SHAPED CARDS! Whoo-hoo!


Our sponsor this week is Paper Smooches . Not only do they carry shaped card templates, but their stamp line is uber fun and cute too... and designed by the very talented Kim Hughes! A great prize to be won again this week, so be sure to hop on over to CAS-ual Fridays and check it out.


For my little inspirational piece I worked with one of the newer card templates from Paper Smooches, the popsicle. As soon as I saw this template I had an idea "stuck" in my head and here is what I came up with:

This card was so simple and I love how their little faces turned out. I printed my template on Melon Mambo and cut it out. Then I added crumb cake cardstock for the popsicle sticks. I used my scor-pal to score a line down the center to make it look like the division in a popsicle and then I inked all the edges and the center line with Melon Mambo ink. The faces were drawn on with a black marker and the highlights were drawn on with a white gel pen. For the sentiment I used the font SNF Goody by Kim Hughes, printed it out and cut the words individually. The word "stuck" is popped up using foam dots.

The Girl Fridays have some uber cool shaped card designs for you to check out, so be sure to pop over to have a peek and play along! We'd love to see your creations hanging in the gallery at CAS-ual Fridays and you never know...maybe YOU will be the next member of the T.G.I.F. club :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy crafty day!

17 comments:

  1. adorable! your popsicle looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! So "sweet" and simple! Their little smiles are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Those faces look perfect - mine never do! Awesome job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are just the cutest little guys ever :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok this is utterly adorable, right down to the perfect color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card makes me smile. :) So stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet, whimsical card. I love that color! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely too cute for words! It made me smile today! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a queen of CAS and this card is so awesome. It would also make the perfect scrapbook embellishment; in fact, this card reminded me of one I've done before on a LO, using real popsicle sticks.

    The smileys are fantastic.

    cheers,
    Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh - over the moon, out of this world cuter than cute!!! Love how you accent them with the white pen - that adds some great dimension. Super cute, chickie!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...