Friday, July 15, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #11 - Sweets & Treats

Well, I must say I was absolutely blown away by all the creativity with the shaped cards challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays last week. I do believe shaped cards will be something I'll be trying again, it was fun! But wait! There's more fun to be had this week with our newest challenge...


Yup, Sweets & Treats! Endless possibilities for this challenge in a fabby clean and simple style, can't get much better than that, oh, but it can...check out our sponsor for this week...PSA Essentials and what's even better? The prize package is worth $100, so be sure to pop over to CAS-ual Fridays to check it out!



When I first thought of this challenge, ice cream automatically came to mind, but then when I found out that National Lollipop Day was July 20th, which just happens to be this week, I had to go with a lollipop. So here's my little lollipop made out of yummy baker's twine :)

 
And here is a close up of my lollipop made with baker's twine:


For this card, I just cut a circle with sticky adhesive on it and wound the twine around until I got to the center. For the stick I used a small wooden dowel and painted it white and finished it off with a pretty pink bow. I had originally wanted to wrap my lolly in clear plastic and tie it off with a bow, but the plastic didn't photograph very well, so I nixed it.

The Girl Fridays have a whole bunch of yummy eye candy to look at, so come on over to CAS-ual Fridays, have a peek around and play along with us. We'd love to see you yummy creations in the gallery this week!

Lollipop Card
Cardstock: (Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up!
Fiber: (Pink Sorbet baker's twine) The Twinery
Ribbon: Denami Design
Stamps: (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Basic Black, Melon Mambo) Stampin' Up!
Other: wooden dowel, white paint, foam mounts

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you over at CAS-ual Fridays!
 Julie


42 comments:

  1. How SWEEEET is this!! You are super super creative....I love those twines for the lollipop!!! Love your work, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is just amazingly cute and creative! :) Super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning! Your card is my fave of the inspiration ones this week :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingenious! I absolutely adore this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your twine lollypop!!! fabulous idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo looks very yummy Julie, I love using twine for lollies and the plastic wrapper is a great idea:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoe Sweetly Creative. Love IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! What a great idea! Your lollipop is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you made it so big! what a sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just had to stop by and tell you how much I LURVE your project!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is about the cutest card I've ever seen! I love the way the twine ended up looking swirled. At first I looked at it and thought...how did you do that???????

    Love it! I'm pinning it to my Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing and so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic!!! You did an awesome job winding that twine - it is absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is such a clever way to use twine. Don't you just love that twine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So stinkin' cute Julie! I'm loving that twine - I def need to get some. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, yum! This lollipop looks awesome, and the colour combo is PERFECT. I love this card (I must get some twine. . . )
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love love love! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I left you a comment at Splitcoast too -- I think this is just SO creative. TFS!!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Julie and welcome to the team!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julie, this is so CUTE!!! A perfectly sweet card! (And who knew there was a National Lollipop Day?)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!! You were patient. This is just so awesome. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliantly Creative. Absolutely Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is by far the cutest card ever! i love this card so much, that i am going to make a few(when i find some twine like that).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic! That twine lollipop is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That lolly is AMAZING! I love everything about this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love, love, love this! Fantastic use of the twine, so clever! Just adorable, my fave this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Julie,
    YES!!! It was your card that I saw.. THANK YOU sooo much for letting me know.. I hate not giving people credit, and your card is amazing, and so deserves the credit for the cute design.. :) I will be putting that in the blog post.. :) thanks for inspiring me to try one out :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  29. Any tips for how you got the lollipop to be such a perfect circle? I just know mine will turn out wonky. :) Very cute design! Maybe I'll try balloons, they don't have to be perfect circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started my lollipop from the center and worked outwards, that way it keeps a tight circle shape, hope that helped :)

      Delete
  30. Your card is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is amazing. It looks so yummy.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  32. cute I love this idea and I just got some twine really cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I found your pic on pinterest. I LOVE this and I would love to make this for my friend's birthday. I bet she will be super excited when she gets this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...