Friday, July 29, 2011

Cas-ual Fridays Challenge #13 - The long and short of it

So it looks like we all had fun with the rub-on and sticker challenge last week at CAS-ual Fridays, let's see how you make out with our next challenge. I will wholeheartedly admit I had some trouble with this challenge, but once I got an idea it went quite smoothly :) So here it is...

For this challenge you need to make a CAS card that is 4" x 9". You can have your card horizontally or vertically, whichever way is comfortable for you.

Our sponsor this week is Lawn Fawn with a awesome prize package up for grabs!


The Girl Fridays received some Lawn Fawn to play with for this challenge and this was my very first Lawn Fawn stamp set and I love it! Here is what I made using the On the Mend set...

The little kleenex boxes were stamped first, cut out and glued to my card base. Then I stamped the kleenex on white, cut them out and popped them up with a foam dot. For the background I just stamped the get well soon sentiment repeatedly in Crumb Cake and then stamped the sentiment once in black.

 The Girl Fridays can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge, so stop on over at CAS-ual Fridays, have a peek at the inspiration and then load up creations!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Julie

18 comments:

  1. This is adorable, and such fine execution as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! I love the sentiment strip in back of the cute kleenex boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so adorable... It instantly made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! I know it would make me feel better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love those little happy tissue boxes!! Fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is enough to put a smile on anyones face, love the repeated text stamping to make the backdrop:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, this is so cute!!!! Makes me feel better and I am not even sick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! Love your text stamping-it really makes the card perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable - wish I was sick so I could ask you to send it to me (hee hee) -

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy seeing new takes on a get well card -- and this one is FABULOUS! TFS
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweetness!! I love how you ground your images with the repetitive sentiment. Super clever and one I need to remember to use more often. Too cute for words, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable. Love those little tissue boxes. So very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card actually makes me want to get sick, just so I could have this cheery little number on my bedside table! :) I love the gentle colour combo, the way you stamped the sentiment for a background panel (with the highlight! genius!) and, seriously, it's just so darn cute! Thanks for the awesome inspiration. I'm so excited to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute...love the repeated stamping of the sentiment in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie, This card is so cute! Love the colored tissue boxes against the kraft cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too cute! What a neat design!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...