Friday, July 1, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #9 - Kraftsmen

Another week full of gorgeous creations over at CAS-ual Fridays! This week we're saluting the men in our lives, the challenge being Krafts-men :)


 A masculine themed project that incorporates the color kraft is the purpose of this week's challenge and of course in a clean and simple style :)

Our sponsor this week is the Kraft Outlet which means another fabby prize to win :) 



For my masculine card I went with a "dad" card because I never seem to have any of these stock piled.


I started with a kraft color base and using scraps of cardstock I made strips and arranged them in a corner grid. For the sentiment, I stamped another piece of kraft cardstock with a burlap pattern, distressed the edges and then added cardstock colored chipboard letters. Finishing touches were some screw eyelets and a little distressing around the card base.


The Girl Fridays have some great ideas for masculine cards, so be sure to pop over to CAS-ual Fridays and have a peek and we'd love to have you play along with us:) I know I could use some more masculine card ideas for my collection!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Canada Day!
Julie





12 comments:

  1. Those screw eyelets are THEE best! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how awesome!! I love the grid bg!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card. Those screw eyelets are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the geometric design Julie and the little screw head brads. Fab card.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie I love this! What awesome dad card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those screw eyelets are perfect. Wonderful distressing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome card!!
    Absolutely, totally in love with those eyelets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Love your design and the distressing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabby card Julie...The distressing really kicks it up a notch. And clearly we were both channeling screw eyelets! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that! I have never seen those eyelets before....super cute! I also love the way you used the strips of paper. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this manly man card! I love the distressed edges, the colors, the brads are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...