Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I missed making a card for Canada Day, but I did manage to whip together one for the 4th of July using the latest color palette from the Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Challenge number six. The color combo features bazzill red, sea water, lily white and beetle black. I was able to match most of the colors, but couldn't quite get the exact tone of blue for the sea water. Here is what I came up with: 



I've become addicted to making harlequin/argyle patterns with my Papertrey Ink banner builder dies, so fun! After I made the pattern I ran some cardtsock through my crimper and punched small stars from it. Finishing touch was a sentiment stamped on vellum, attached using black brads.

Celebrate Card
Cardstock: (Bazzill Red, blue color) Bazzill Basics; (whisper white) Stampin' Up!
Vellum: (Stampin' Up!)
Brads: (black) Stampin' Up!
Stamp:( Celebrate Everything) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Jet Black) Staz On
Punch: (Star) Stampin' Up!
Die: (Banner Builder) Papertrey Ink

Thanks for stopping by and Happy 4th of July my American friends!
Julie





11 comments:

  1. are you kidding me? argyle patters with your banner set??? that's seriously genius. I'm trying this tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy July 4th Julie, fab card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! This is awesome. I love that you used banner dies to make this. I ADORE the final look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! So unique! So amazing! Way to push the envelope!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is tres moxie! I'm just sayin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog...your site is fabulous! I love, love, love your style of card making!...and I love how you photograph your beautiful cards! So wonderful!!! I am your newest follower! Glad to have found you... :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie, I really LOVE this creation! The pattern is so sharp, and the acetate piece is so well placed with the red stars coming through. The black brads are the perfect finishing touch! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you've used vellum on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool. What a great use of the banner dies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So FANCY and BEAUTIFUL!! I love the argyle ...that's something I haven't tried! Congrats on the Moxie Fab Shout Out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...