Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's a new day

Yesterday was a day of firsts for me. I bought my first set of Nestabilities. I made TWO cards using patterned paper, okay maybe that was a bit of a lie. (Okay, looking back at my cards I guess I have made a few with patterned paper, but they were all with bright patterned paper colors, so this will be my first SOFT color patterned paper card lol. Long story short, I just don't use patterned paper a lot, I always seem to go for the plain ol' cardstock!)  And I submitted one to a call I've never submitted to before. Phew! That was a different day. I've discovered one thing when it comes to making cards with patterned paper...it takes me twice as long to make a card! lol I can't share the one I submitted, but I'll share the other one that I made using scraps from the first card.
Are you ready? Here it is...


I had such a hard time picking the patterns and the whole time I was deciding, I was thinking do these colors go? Do these patterns jive? I was looking for a common color to pull everything together and the reddish pink was in most of the pieces. I figured the pink piece with the polka dots was a "hue" of the reddish color...well that's what I'm going with lol. All the papers are from the October Afternoon's 5 & Dime collection. This is one ca-ute collection! I picked up some of everything that was available in the store in this collection because I liked it all :) I particularly like the chip board pieces which is what the rose is, here is a close up...



Hello Girlfriend Card
Cardstock: (Very Vanilla) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: (5 & Dime) October Afternoon
Chipboard Sticker: (5 & Dime) October Afternoon
Stamp: (hello girlfriend) Unity KOM October 2010
Ribbon: Stampin' Up! (retired)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my card!
Julie

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I think the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the PP, I buy the pads but not sure how to use it either. Love the CB flower:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous!! You should use pattern paper more often! And I can't believe that you just got the first set of Nestabilities! Caution: it's very addictive! Love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Julie, you had a banner day! Good luck wirh your submission, and SO impressed by your card using pretty patterned papers. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...