Tuesday, July 12, 2011

PDCC89- A soft color palette

Another fun challenge at the Play Date Cafe this week with another beautiful color story...very soft colors. Check it out:


 I instantly thought of a sympathy card when I saw these colors and tried to match as close as possible, but that taupe was throwing me for a loop. The two colors I had closest to it were close to cocoa and creamy caramel, I probably should have went with the lighter of the two, so mine's a bit more brown than taupe :) Here's what I came up with:


 And a close up:


I dug out some retired Stampin' Up! colors to make this card and my new Hero Arts stamp "Leaf Cluster" that I bought the other day. A simple card all the way. Stamp the image, use a blower and a marker to add a spritz of color over the image, stamp sentiment, adhere to layers of cardstock, attach ribbon loop with button and then mount the entire panel on the card base with foam mounts.

Praying for You
Cardstock: (Sage Shadow, Barely Banana, Close to Cocoa) Stampin' Up!
Stamp: (Leaf Cluster) Hero Arts; (Thoughts and Prayers) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Sage Shadow, Close to Cocoa) Stampin' Up!
Button: (Vintage Spring Mix) Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: (Sage Shadow grosgrain) Stampin' Up!
Other: thread, foam mounts
Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie



5 comments:

  1. perfectly clean, simple and stylish for a sympathy card Julie :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Isn't is amazing how such a "simple" card can look so fabulous. Love that little tab & button combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Julie! I just love these colors and the simple design you used--perfect for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Julie!!! Congrats on being Private Blend Designer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! It's a lovely, soft look.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...