Tuesday, July 19, 2011

PDCC90 and a little artsy flashback

Pretty soon I'll be playing the Play Date Cafe challenges from the other side, as the new Private Blend Designer, so I'm savoring these last few weeks as player and this week's color story is so pretty, check it out...
I first intended to do a scrapbook layout, but the thinking process was taking too long so I switched over to a card. I didn't feel like digging out a bunch of supplies and none of my stamps were speaking to me, so I dug out my trusty pilot fineliner pen and drew my design. Here is what I came up with:
Here is a close up of the tree and birdhouse...

I couldn't find the exact colors, particularly the fuschia, so I settled for Stampin' Up! colors in Peach Parfait, Rich Razzleberry and Elegant Eggplant. I drew the tree top and cut it out and then drew the trunk on the white and attached the top with foam dots. The birdhouse was drawn, cut out and adhered using foam dots as well. The sentiment was hand written and I added some stitches around the edge. The card base was embossed using a circle folder with my Big Shot machine. 
I really enjoyed designing my image and had forgotten how relaxing sketching can be, which I used to do a lot of. I was digging through one of my old sketch books and came across a couple of my favorites from high school. Here's a peek of what I did artsy wise in my teenage years...
 This is a view from Halifax overlooking the Halifax harbor minus all the city buildings. The scenery looked better without the buildings lol.
 
If I remember correctly this one was a lesson from art class using a "how to" book.

Well that's all I have for today, thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Julie


6 comments:

  1. Hey Julie - what a fabby card! Love that you 'made' it all yourself - very clean, and very lovely! And what a talented artist you are - those sketches are delightful :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great, CAS design, Julie! And what a sweet tree and house you've created! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little card and I love your sketches too, you're a talented artist :)
    The second sketch looks like a typical English village scene.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER cute card--LOVE that you are joining in the fun over at the PDCC! I am super jealous of your talent and all your creations!! LOVE that I can now rub elbows with you (maybe some of your talent will rub off!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...