Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Stamp It! Cards Week Challenge

Do you love to stamp? I know I sure do. Over at Moxie Fab World there is a stamping challenge in celebration of the new Paper Crafts Stamp It! Cards magazine. It is a MUST have for sure!


I've been really diggin' patterns lately, in particular argyle patterns.A few of my latest cards have featured argyle patterns using the banner dies from Papertrey Ink. I really like this technique and figured why not give it a try using the "Banner Builders" stamp set from Papertey Ink. I was still on a roll with the latest color combo from Summer Card Camp 2011, so I used the color palette from week 2 for my card.



 Here's a close up of the star:


I began by stamping the diamonds for the argyle print in two different colors and two different patterns. Once those were all stamped and aligned as straight as my eye could see (lol ), I stamped the stars and then a small circle around each one. For the last part of my pattern I took a ruler and drew the intersecting lines with a marker. A sentiment printed on vellum was attached over crimped red cardstock using black brads and the finishing touch was a stamped star, cut using my cricut machine.


Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!
Julie





3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Julie. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that! I think I'll have to give your banner-builder-turns-argyle-pattern a whirl. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...