Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011 Week 3 - Neutral Palette

It's the third week of Summer Card Camp and I will admit I was a little hesitant with making a card for the color combo this week. Loads of neutrals with a pop of red.


I don't usually work with so many neutrals at once, but when I saw the technique video for this week "finger inking", I had to give it a try. I love how my embossed panel turned out...the rest of the card, meh. I discovered one thing while making this card, even though Staz On is supposed to go over top pretty much anything, white embossing...not so much. I had wanted to use another technique from this week with alpha stickers, but I had none of those! So I consider this card a trial and error. I like the technique, just gotta work on the layout and the little details :) Oh and photographing a neutral color card with a neutral background and surface, not such a good idea either! lol




Thank You Card
Cardstock: (Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!; Watercolor Paper
Stamp: (leaf cluster) Hero Arts; (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick, Fire Brick Red) Tim Holtz Distress; (Jet Black) Staz On
Pearls: Close to my Heart
  Embossing Powder: (Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Other: embossing folder, cricut, paper distresser

Thanks for stopping y and have a great day!
Julie


1 comment:

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...